Sunday, April 4, 2010

Honeymoon!

I realized I never posted anything about our honeymoon! What is wrong with me! We went to Cancun. Which is extremely different than I thought it was. I always picture mtv spring break when I think of Cancun. It was surprisingly a really relaxing nice getaway! Our hotel was GORGEOUS. They had the best Pina coladas ever (non-alcoholic of course). We limited ourselves to one a day but oh man I could of easily had ten a day! Our Balcony had a beautiful view of the beach and the best shower ever. It also had a baday.... kinda weird! We had so much fun. The only bummer thing is it was pretty cold when we were down there. We couldn't really lay out without freezing. It was weird though the water was still way warm. We could play in the water all day but laying out was not all that fun. One night it was raining and we decided to take a walk on the beach. It is one of my favorite memories. Sucking down Pina coladas and walking along the beach having randomly big waves soak our clothes. It was the best. OH YA and on our wedding night we stayed at the anniversary inn in the Swiss Family Robinson suite. The "waterfall" that went in to the jacuzzi tub was pretty funny. It was kinda fun to spend our first night married in a tree house bed I must say!

AJ hanging from the tree house!

AJ laying in our treehouse bed!


Me bein a dork as usual








Just arriving in Cancun


AJ Takes FOREVER putting on sunscreen! So I had to take a picture so I could remember.


These next few pictures are just of our beautiful hotel 


Pina coladas on the beach!


poolside





Early morning going to inga pirca


This place was SOOO COOL. I have always wanted to go to Mayan ruins.


Littlest old woman ever!

xehlha! It was so gorgeous. We snorkled that whole channel and saw some super awesome fish! There was this Giant one that AJ followed around for about five mintues!


More pina coladas at xehlha! So funny story... when you come in to the park there are people with parrots and iguanas that you can get pictures with. So AJ and I get tons of pictures with them. The last picture AJ got with a bird on his head and one on his arm. At the beginning of the picture he felt something warm go down his back. Oh ya ....bird poop all the way down his back. He was freaking out and I couldn't walk with him to help him get cleaned off because I was hysterically laughing. I'm such a jerk.

After a few hours of snorkeling. See it was kinda overcast. That is pretty much how it was the whole time we were there. It was kinda cold.


Exploring the Trails.
You jump off that cliff in to the water right there. Then you can tube down that river. There was also a bike trail. It was way fun you could get goin pretty fast.
These animals were way weird looking and kinda freaky. They would make really high pitched sounds. 

hammock lounging still at xehlha ..... I swear the best day ever!
hanging out around the city

Last day packin up!
picture from our balcony
view from our balcony!

We were sad to leave but excited to get back and really start our life together. Our plane ended up being five hours late and we missed our connecting flight and didn't have our bags!!!! That was the longest most exhausting day of my life. I am just glad I was stuck with AJ he made it way better. Now we are home and you know the rest. We are happier than we have ever been.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

after all those goregous pics, all i can remember is that little lady!-weird!! how fun, looks so romantic!